France Télévisions is a national media company that handles public television activities in France, from production to broadcasting.
France TV is the leading audiovisual group in France in audience size.
Context and issues
France TV wanted to accelerate its process for handling supplier invoices for general expenses by implementing EDI invoice digitalization, starting with three major players: EDF, Orange, and Office Depot.
The solution needed to:
- Receive invoices in EDI format from suppliers
- Integrate content from those invoices into its existing ERP system
- Archive invoices to a trusted third-party to be stored for 10 years
- Satisfy tax authority (DGI) recommendations regarding electronic invoices
- Centralize invoices in an Automatic Document Reading/Recognition (ADR) system by ITESOFT
This new process is designed to help France TV:
- Process invoices faster
- Reduce processing costs
- Make data more reliable
Overview of deployed solution
France TV implemented ICD’s DemaTrust solution to reach the above objectives.
The DemaTrust digitalization platform comprises three main functions:
- Monitoring all EDI invoice workflows, with invoices readable in PDF format
- Portal for downloading summary lists of EDI invoices and digitalization partners
- Legal archiving (for 10 years) in an electronic vault at CDC Arkhinéo
DemaTrust is a multi-protocol solution (AS2, X400 …) that handles reception of France TV’s supplier invoices and adapts to their formats, such as EDIFACT, XML, and more.
ICD then translates the various invoice formats and sends them to France TV via a secure connection for automatic integration into the company’s information system.
After undergoing controls imposed by tax authorities, each invoice is archived in an electronic vault on our tax digitalization platform for invoices.
With its many benefits, this solution enabled France TV to reach its planned objectives:
- Higher productivity by eliminating manual supplier invoice entry
- Replacement of paper archives with secure legal archiving (for 10 years)
- Better reliability of data integrated into the company’s ERP system
- Media / advertising
- 10,405 people
- Unifying the invoice workflow process with partners.
- EDI digitalization